Tuesday, September 25, 2007

How B'Zar

Well KH and I are unfortunately back to our separate ends of the earth after a weekend to remember! We laughed, we cried, it was better than Cats. Oh, and we also got our shop on big time.

On Friday it was off to Charleston where the shopping experience left me so relieved. Apparently I have only to get in my car and drive two hours when I need my fix. Phewf! Big relief.

So King Street/Upper King Street is where it's at. Highlights include Miostile where I got a sicko pair of kelly green jeans and Hampden Clothing where KH got a grey cashmere sweater that is truly a piece of art.

But the best by far was B'Zar. Perhaps I have a newfound fondness for this place because it's owned by a couple from New York? Or maybe it's the fact that the husband played the Shoes video while we were shopping around (hello, inspiration)? It could also be because their dog Roxy holds court in her bed tucked next to the register.

Then again, it could just be that nearly each and every piece of jewelry and clothing for sale was rad to the max. 541 King Street -- get over there the next time you're in town.

1 comment:

Virginia Belle said...

oh yeah, the shopping in columbia stinks. you've gotta drive to charleston or charlotte to get any good shopping. we don't have sephora, nordstrom's or a DSW here, which are some of my favorite stores.

that's part of the reason i always go shopping in richmond when i visit my mom in virginia. the shopping in richmond is great! the other reason is, of course, that she usually buys me stuff!