Sunday, May 19, 2013

Nordstrom Rack Attack: "Worn and Refinished"

My lovelies. I may be way older than I was when I first launched this blog, and I may have veered way off the retail shopping deals track upon which this masterpiece was originally launched. But, that does not at all mean that when I experience an injustice, triumph or just plain old cool thing in the world of shopping I won't share it with you. In fact, I'm probably even more motivated to do so now than ever.

And so it is that I warn you of the "worn and refinished" status of some of what seem like the hottest deals in shoes at Nordstrom Rack. Months ago, I was shocked and thrilled to find a pair of trendy black ankle boots at the NR in Union Square, Manhattan, that were priced so low it would have been stupid for me not to buy them--$35!! Granted, I spied the note on the price tag that these boots had been worn before...after I bought them, but they still had the tags so I could very well have returned them, of course I didn't...Well after just a couple of jaunts out in the boots, the zipper on one of them straight up broke. Ok, no big deal, I thought, I should have expected that.



So now I find myself once again in a predicament. I bought a hot hot pair of DVF flats at the NR in Danvers, MA. Only after (fool! Rookie mistake made again, no less) I bought them did I realize that they are worn and refinished, too.


Will I learn my lesson and simply return these beauties? Should I? I am on the fence. But I can rest assured that at least I informed my public. May you learn from me.

No comments: