Monday, May 05, 2008

Buy a House, Go on Vacation in France

What's the most logical thing to do when you've sunk the bulk of your savings account into buying a new house? Why go on vacation to France, of course! Phooey on the weak dollar, I need to eat some cheese.

Ok, so that's not really the thought process my husband and I had when we planned our brief trip to France many months ago. In fact, at that point I'm not sure we fully realized that if we planned to buy the house we were then looking at, we'd have to close about 2 weeks before our big trip. Quelle dommage, as they say.

Anyway, for those of you who haven't seen it about 1 million times, here's a shot of our new house. Picture it w/o the palmetto tree, please (i.e. don't get attached to that thing because it's coming out!).



It's on Park Street in the historic neighborhood, Elmwood Park. I love this house, y'all.

As for our France trip, we fly into and out of Paris and for the weekend, we'll take the train to Besancon, which is in the Franche-Comte region. As in comte cheese. Oui, c'est vrai.

At this point, the primary concern is how to pack. EJ insists we pack light in order to carry on, and thanks to the exchange rate I can't go nutty shopping in Paris, so the question is: just how many scarves do I bring?

No comments: