Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Women of New York City run the full gamut of fashion sense. This place is a fashion hub, and therefore to the outsider it may seem as though every woman here is the pinnacle of style, but I would argue that for every woman who's got it, there's one who's off the mark entirely. We have the best of the best and the worst of the worst and everything in between. I give you...

The Good

TG170 is possibly the coolest store in all of New York. The owner is as nice and helpful to me as she is to Jessica Simpson and the way she dresses is just plain old fashioned cool. I was in there last weekend with JK (we were crazy for cords - she bought an adorable maroon skirt with a funky cream-colored pattern and I opted for skinny-leg Mon Petit Oiseau black pants. Do I love that brand? Yes; I will discuss it in another posting) and the owner was rocking the big ol' sunglasses that all the kids are wearing these days except they weren't sunglasses, they were actual glasses. I'm talking prescription that she pulled down off her head to read the price of something JK was checking out. I may not be giving the subtle coolness of the look proper dues with this description, but she's just plain chill.

The Bad

Ok this one I just didn't get at all: a suede jacket with shearling lining emblazoned with the word "History" across the back with a Scooby Doo patch underneath the word. What the?

The Ugly

Camoflauge draw-string pants with the word "Peace" written across the butt. Maybe if it had said "Piece" it would have made a little more sense.

No comments: