Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Hot or Not?

Hot

Rafe New York - source of the world's hottest handbags, is moving from its Bowery Street shop to a soon-to-be-announced new location (the woman working the store when I stopped in said they were deciding between two different locations). Their moving sale means 70% off. This is a crazy, nutso deal so get yourselves over there if you've ever coveted anything by Rafe. Apparently the sale will be going on through February until the inventory is gone, and it was a limited selection this past weekend so consider yourselves informed.

Not

Proenza Schouler for Target. All I can say here is "boo!" I was one of the truly desperate who stood in line for 1/2 hour on Saturday for a glimpse of this line at a preview sale at the store Opening Ceremony on Howard Street. I bought three items - a jean skirt, a blazer and a dress and I had to return the jean skirt (button popped off) and the dress the very next day. At least they allowed me to easily make the return, but the point is this line isn't as cool as others like Tara Jarmon, Paul and Joe (or - hey - Rafe!) for Target.

No comments: